These delectable muffins are filled with peaches and have double the almond flavor with almond extract in the batter and sliced almonds on top. Add granulated sugar for a streusel topping effect.
- 3 1/2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh (diced peaches)
- extra sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine sugar, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, almond extract, eggs, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix with an...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen