Char Siew is a famous dish that everyone loves. If there is a pork recipe that defines Chinese cooking, I think Char Siew would be it. This char siew was done using my Happy Call grill pan. However, any non-stick pan with a lid on can be used to make the char siew too. Its quite easy to make but you have to constantly watch over it to prevent the char siew being burnt.
- 500gpork bellywithout skin
- 2tablespoonshoneyor Maltose, dissolved in a little hot water
- Sliced cucumber and tomatoesto serve
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- 1tablespoontauchoor Crushed yellow bean sauce
- 1tablespoonhoisin sauce
- 1tablespoonOyster Sauce
- 1tablespoonlight soy sauce
- 2piecesRed fermented bean curd
- 1tablespoonchinese cooking wine
- 1teaspoonsesame oil
- Cut pork into strips about 3 cm wide and 18 – 20 cm long. Place the pork strips into a casserole. Using a fork, pork all over the pork...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew