Making the soup is super easy. You simply sauté onions and carrots in the liner of your electric pressure cooker, in some olive oil, until they are turning soft. Then you add the tomatoes, dried basil, and the chicken stock and go! Because the pot is already warmed up from cooking, it takes less time to come to pressure and then it is only a 5 minute pressure cooking time. After the NPR time, open carefully and add the cream or half-n-half. You could certainly use coconut milk, and vegetable broth if you wanted to make this recipe vegan friendly.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 3 28 oz. cans Italian tomatoes, in puree
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, half and half, or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or, to taste)
- basil leaves, julienned (for garnish)
- Heat the Instant Pot on sauté, normal. Add the oil when the IP is hot, and let it sit until shimmering. Serve with toast, grilled cheese...
- Get the full instructions at Quick & Carry Bags