Need a New England Clam Chowder Recipe? We’ve got you covered.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion, diced small (about 1/2 a large onion)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups diced russet potatoes, chopped small (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or cornstarch (or a gluten-free alternative)
- 1 10 ounce can whole clams, reserve juice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot or French oven, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside and then crumble once cooled. Keep 2-3...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments