Pumpkin scones are just amazing and these golden, moist pumpkin walnut scones are not overly sweet and are full of flavours of pumpkin. They have a nice light and bread like texture and are also flavoured with walnuts and buttermilk. These scones are baked at a higher than normal oven temperature which gives them a crisp outside crust. They are very nice either taken plain or with a glaze. These scones make a crisp pumpkin snack perfect with a warm cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 3/4cupsall-purpose flour, 220g
- 1/4cupsugar, 50g
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2cupcold unsalted buttercut into small cubes, 113g
- 1/3cupwalnutstoasted and coarsely chopped, 45g
- 1/3cupbuttermilk, 80ml
- 1/2cupfresh pumpkinmashed, 120g
- 1teaspoonsugarsprinkle over scones
- 1tablespoonicing sugar
- 1teaspoonmaple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C ( 400 degree F ) and place rack in centre of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew