Delicious Tex-Mex salad using cooked ground beef, onions, and beans with seasonings on top of a bed of lettuce greens, tomatoes, cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Serve with [url href="http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2013/04/29/easy-french-dressing/" target="_blank" title="easy french dressing"]Easy French Dressing[/url].
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 6 cups shredded lettuce (I used 2 10-oz. bags romaine plus 4 leaves Swiss Chard)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (I use 4-6 Romas)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber scored with a fork and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 16-oz. can kidney beans, drained, rinsed, dried (I used Pinto beans)
- 4 cups tortilla chips (measured then crushed)
- 1/2 cup French or Catalina dressing (I used [url href="http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2013/04/29/easy-french-dressing/" target="_blank"]Easy French Dressing[/url])
- Velveeta cheese, cubed (I used sharp cheddar cheese)
- Brown beef and drain. Add onion, cook until tender. Add beans and seasonings. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Combine...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen