Meatless Chickpea Ragu chickpeas, vegetables, and other ingredients create a vegetarian and vegan bolognese. A hearty dish in less than 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta, or other whole wheat penne or rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 10 ounces crimini mushrooms, stems removed and diced
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/3 cup red wine, dry
- 20 ounces tomato puree, or crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente, about 7 minutes, and drain. Meanwhile, place the...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments