This is my dad's recipe for homemade mayonnaise, a.k.a. "mayo", that I have slightly tweaked with lemon and truffle oil. Two secrets though: whisk, whisk, whisk and drizzle the oil very, very slowly into the mix.
- 2 egg yolks ((at room temperature))
- 1 cup vegetable oil (of your choice (with very little taste))
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon truffled oil
- salt & pepper
- Start by choosing a bowl large enough to whisk your mayonnaise comfortably. Add the 2 egg yolks, the mustard and the salt and pepper....
- Get the full instructions at 30 Pepper Street