This amazing Tex-Mex appetizer stuffs jalapenos with cream cheese & cheddar cheese. Then they'e wrapped in bacon slices. After baking, each jalapeno is drizzled with maple syrup. This mouthwatering recipe is always a hit at tailgating parties, potlucks and backyard barbecues.
- 20 large jalapeno peppers (seeded, but leave stem on, halved lengthwise )
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese (softened)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 4-8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded (I used about 1 cup))
- 40 slices thinly sliced bacon ( one slice for every jalapeno half)
- maple syrup (about ¼ tsp. for every jalapeno half )
- 80 toothpicks (( toothpicks to secure each jalapeno pepper half))
- Seed peppers but leave on stem. Soften cream cheese, add garlic. Stuff jalapenos. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Wrap a piece of bacon...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen