This delicious southern-style cornbread includes maple syrup, honey, molasses and uncured nitrate free bacon. It's perfect crumbled up in a bowl of your favorite soup or chili. This recipe is gluten free and clean eating.
- 1 cup cornmeal ((I use a stone-ground cornmeal) )
- 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or soured milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (NOT corn syrup)
- 1 tbsp. molasses (if desired)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 8 slices bacon (uncured, nitrate and preservative free, cooked and crumbled)
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble into small pieces. Set aside. Mix all other ingredients until well blended. Stir in bacon. Pour into a...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen