Manjal pongal is made to receive the special blessings from the goddess during Aadi maasam. These recipes are so unique and yet so simple so check it out...
- 1 cup Raw rice (short grain)
- 1/4 cup split pigeon pea (Tuvaram pariippu / tur dal/ thogri bele)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric grated (or use turmeric powder)
- 1/4 tsp hing (/ kayam/ asafeoteida ( omit if you dont like the taste))
- salt to taste
- 3 cups Water
- Wash and drain the rice and the dal, till the water runs clear. Set the pressure cooker. Add in the washed rice and dal followed by the...
- Get the full instructions at Mildly Indian – Trot around the world, savor the flavors.