This spinach salad is colorful and festive as well as delectable. The almonds are toasted with cinnamon-sugar. This one has mandarin oranges and apples. You can also add strawberries or kiwis. The salad dressing is the key to this recipe. The hot sauce makes this recipe sensational.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 head lettuce (torn)
- 1/4 bunch spinach or romaine (torn)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (14-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained (add just as ready to serve)
- 1 large gala apple, unpeeled, and diced (cut just before serving)
- 3 sliced kiwis (if desired)
- 1 pt. sliced strawberries (if desired[br])
- Combine nuts, cinnamon sugar, butter in microwaveable pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; spread evenly onto the bottom of the pie...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen