This curry has been used in many Malaysian house holds. It is very adaptable depending on ones preference. Some may not use lemon grass, some may add in kaffir lime leaves, some may prefer fennel seeds, cardamom or even poppy seeds and so the list goes on.... It goes very well with steamed rice, briyani rice, over noodles and the best part any sort of bread to dip in. This recipe is revised for those who do not want their curry too spicy and an easy recipe to make. Delicious.
- 3 pounds Chicken Breast or thighs or mixed. See recipe notes below
- 2 no. Lemon Grass White part only, bruised with the back of the knife
- 3-4 cups Chicken stock or water Enough to cover the chicken
- 1 no. Potato Large, peeled, cut into 1 inch thick sections
- 3/4 cup Crushed tomatoes Canned or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream
- 1 tsp Salt To taste.
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil Or any high smoke point oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic Depending on size
- 8 no. Shallot Or 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 no. Red Chili or Green Chili Optional, do not use if you don't like it spicy
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 inch Ginger sliced
- 3 no. Star Anise
- 1 no. Cinnamon Stick About 4 inches in lenght
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves Washed, use leaves only
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder Any chicken or meat curry powder
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients under "Ingredients to blend" to a paste. Add more oil or water if too dry. 2. Have all the...
- Get the full instructions at DISH THE RECIPE