These Lotus Flower Mooncakes (梅花酥月饼) are a classic deep-fried version mooncakes with red bean paste filling and crisp puff pastry. Looks impressive and tastes marvellous, satisfaction guaranteed.
- 120 grams all-purpose flour
- 40 grams bread flour (or high protein flour)
- 1 tbsp sugar (or 10g)
- 30 grams margarine
- 20 grams shortening
- 1/3 cup water (room temperature)
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 65 grams shortening
- 300 grams red bean paste (or lotus paste)
- First, prepare the mooncake filling. Divide the red bean paste into 10 equal pieces, 30g each and roll into balls. Then, prepare the...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew