This fabulous Tex-Mex casserole is as good as it gets! It's layered with corn tortillas and contains chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, cream of mushroom and chicken soup and lots of cheese!
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts halves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 (10-oz) cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (10 ¾-oz.)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (10 ¾-oz.)
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters (I probably use 16-20) (6-in)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I probably use 3 cups) (8-oz.)
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in a 9x13” baking dish. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until done; cool. Coarsely chop...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen