Spinach lentil gravry form Palakkad cuisine
- 3 cups Spinach (keerai)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 cup split pigeon pea (tur dal/ tovaram parippu)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Skinned black gram (uzuttam parippu / urad dal)
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp roasted black gram dal
- Pressure cook the tur dal for about 3- 5 whistles. Cool and release the pressure. Release the pressure . Mash the dal and set it aside...
- Get the full instructions at Mildly Indian – Trot around the world, savor the flavors.