These silky smooth Japanese Steamed Egg Custard make a delicious appetizer. Steamed eggs filled with fragrance of dashi stock and a variety of ingredients.
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked till soft and drained well.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cups dashi (or japanese stock)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1/2 Carrot (sliced into 12 pieces)
- 12 gingko (remove shell, peeled and precooked)
- 1 tbsp mirin (or 1 tbsp glutinous rice wine + 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- First, have ready 4 small steaming cups with lids. Then soaked dried shiitake mushrooms in water till soft. Drain well the softened...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew