This lovely hummus appetizer has heat from jalapeno peppers and seasoning from cilantro. Great for tailgating parties.
- 16-oz. can garbanzo beans (drained and mashed with a fork)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp. tamari low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 to 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves (remove from stems)
- 1 small jalapeno (seeded and sliced)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 6 tbsp. water
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with fresh...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen