Scrumptious Tex-Mex cornbread that's sweet, savory and spicy. Great served with chili.
- 1 1/4 cup stone ground Wayside Inn grist corn meal
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (or more or less, to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1/2 stick melted, unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- sliced (seeded jalapeno peppers for garnish)
- Combine honey, eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside. Combine corn meal, flour, salt, baking...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen