Jalapeño Cheddar Grits make a fantastic meal or side. This staple of the south is certainly amazing.
- 8 thick slices bacon, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups white corn grits, quick cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, white - divided
- 1/4 cup green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Using a 9" cast iron skillet, add the diced bacon and diced Jalapeño. Cook over medium heat until bacon is crispy (~8-10 minutes)....
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic