A super dense fruit bread packed with raisins, cranberries, prunes and dates. Irish Tea Brack is an Irish fruit cake that melds the taste of tea with fruit to make a bread worthy of any St. Patty's Day meal.
- i cup hot brewed Earl Grey tea or any flavor tea may be used
- 1 cup raisins packed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries packed
- 1 cup pitted prunes snipped into pieces
- 1 cup chopped dates or tidbits
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- In a medium sized bowl place all the fruits and cover with the hot tea. Set aside for 1 hour to plump. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F....
- Get the full instructions at Sweet and Savory Breads