An indulgent banana cream pie recipe for those who need a good solid sweet dessert. Best made with real sugar and whole milk but feel free to sub non-dairy full fat milk of choice and "healthier" sugar. I do not recommend light milk or low fat.
- 1 precooked or homemade 9" pie crust
- 3 cups full fat dairy milk or coconut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 additional ripe banana ((to be used as garnish-optional))
- 1 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup heavy cream ((for whipped topping))
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup sugar ((for whipped topping))
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ((for whipped topping))
- In a large saucepan, mix together tapioca starch, sugar and 2 cups milk until well combined. In a blender, combine 2 bananas and...
- Get the full instructions at Real Food To Heal