Delicious homemade cornbread recipe made with honey instead of sugar and buttermilk. This excellent recipe is light and fluffy.
- 1 cup Wayside Inn Grist Meal whole corn meal or any stone ground cornmeal (not cornmeal mix)
- 3/4 cup Pamela’s gluten free pancake and baking mix or unbleached all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tbsp. Rumford aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (I make my own sour milk. See note below)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Combine gluten free or regular flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, honey and coconut oil until no lumps...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen