This thick and creamy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream will be a hit at your next cookout! This recipe is for a 4 qt. ice cream churn.
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 4 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 16 lbs ice (this can vary depending on climate. Just make sure to have enough on hand.)
- 1 box ice cream salt (You can use Rock Salt for this as well. )
- 4 cups pureed Strawberries (You can substitute other fruits. If Bananas use 3 cups. )
- Start with a heavy bottom saucepan. You will need at least a 6 or 8-quart pot. Add in your milk products and cut the burner on medium...
- Get the full instructions at Southern Food Junkie