Why are cakes from the grocery store so delicious? It's in the frosting. This easy, homemade grocery store frosting delivers the same sweet, smooth flavor of a store-bought cake.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, crisco used here
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 4-6 tablespoons water, or milk
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, blend the butter and shortening on low speed. Gradually...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments