Home made baked beans with smoked bacon is the ultimate winter comfort food for lazy weekend breakfasts. Make the night before.
- 400 g dried white haricot beans
- 5 tbs rapeseed oil
- 200 g smoked streaky bacon buy in 1 piece and dice
- 200 g onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 150 g soft dark brown sugar 150g
- 200 ml red wine vinegar
- 500 ml water 500ml
- salt and pepper to taste
- To begin with, cover the white beans in cold water and soak overnight. Meanwhile, make the soda bread. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark...
- Get the full instructions at MEAT RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASSION