This tasty and delicious bread is filled with cheddar cheese and lots of fresh herbs. It's a terrific dunking bread for soups, but fantastic for any main dish entree. Great for company and holiday dinners.
- 1/2 cup milk ((I used 2/3 cup half-and-half) )
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods) )
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely minced fresh chives
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (minced)
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese (shredded (divided use))
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted (1/2 stick))
- Grease a 9” round baking dish. Mix egg with half-and-half. Add flour, salt, baking powder, parsley, chives thyme, oregano and 1 cup...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen