Wonderful ham soup that is made partially in the crockpot. Filled with veggies, this wholesome soup is hearty and filling, not to mention tasty.
- 1 ham bone plus meat that yields 4 cups shredded ham
- ham broth from boiling the ham
- 2 lbs. dry lima beans
- fresh crinkle cut carrots or 12-oz. frozen crinkle cut carrots (carrot chips)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 leek (green top removed)
- 2 ribs celery (sliced diagonally)
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped (I substituted 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar and used 3 leeks instead of one) (see note)
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- Pick through lima beans and remove any stones. Rinse and cover with water. Soak lima beans approximately 4 hours or overnight. They will...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen