Grilled Open-Faced Avocado Caprese Sammies are my go-to option for whenever I’m craving a caprese salad, a grilled cheese sandwich, and/or avocado toast. Grilled bread is topped with bright cherry tomatoes, little balls of cheese, fresh basil, avocado, and my favorite simple balsamic glaze. Eat it as a snack, or for a light lunch or even savory breakfast!
- 8 slices bread, 1/2" thick (i like to use brioche)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella bocconcini, (also known as baby mozzarella balls - about 6 ounces)
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375˚F. In a small saucepan, stir together balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, bringing the mixture...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic