This delectable Fudge Pie is rich, decadent and, oh so heavenly. Each bite will have you swooning! The texture starts out like French Silk Pie and then becomes more fudge-like after refrigeration. It's a marvelous dessert for company and holidays like Easter, Mother's Day or special occasions and birthdays. If you're a chocolate lover, you won't be able to get enough of this pie!
- 1 pkg. shortbread cookies ((20 cookies) (I used 24 Pepperidge Farm Shortbread Cookies or two 5.5-oz. bags) )
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted (no substitutes) 1 stick)
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter (softened (no substitutes) (2 sticks or one cup) )
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz. baking chocolate (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract (not imitation vanilla (or mint extract))
- Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping (as desired)
- Crush cookies and combine with the butter and sugar. Press into pie plate. Set aside. Melt chocolate, then cool. Cream butter and sugar...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen