Yellow Squash is a staple in many southern gardens. As summertime moves on, it is hard to find other ways to prepare it that you have not already tried or done. This is a spin on one of my favorite ways to have squash, fried. Try these Fried Squash Fritters and see if you don't love them too.
- 2 cups Yellow squash, finley grated (Make sure to wash them first and drain them well. You may also squeeze the squash to get excess moisture out.)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- Vegtable/canola Vegtable or Canola oil (enough to fill 1/2 inch of the bottom of a frying pan)
- In a large bowl, combine grated yellow squash, chopped onion, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well Stir in flour. In a large skillet or...
- Get the full instructions at Southern Food Junkie