Feels Fancy Figgy Chicken is my new go-to dish when I need to make something on the quick, but I want it to feel a little fancy. Sweet caramelized shallots, sticky dried figs, fresh thyme, and bourbon vanilla - it FEELS fancy! But it's really just a simple chicken dish you can whip up anytime.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dried figs, coarsely chopped, see notes
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nielsen-massey pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Sprinkle the chicken skin with salt and pepper and place the...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic