This fava bean salad recipe calls for walnuts and pears and is a fresh harbinger of spring. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds fava beans, in their pods
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup pancetta, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely crushed by hand
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 asian pear
- Bring a small (1- to 2-quart) saucepan of water to a boil as you remove the fava beans from their pods. Blanch the beans by dropping them...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments