This lovely shortbread cookie is filled with lemony taste and topped with a luscious lemon-flavored icing. A little lemon zest on top finishes off this perfect cookie. Great for holiday baking and special desserts.
- 2 cups unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest with an electric mixer until well combined. Add flour and mix on low...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen