Earth day calls for no wasting. This carrot top lemon pesto is a great alternative to your basil pesto and does just that. It utilizes every part of the carrot and is just as delicious, maybe more so than your traditional pestos.
- 16 bunch carrot green tops
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts ((I used almonds))
- 1/4 cup Romano grated cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and mix until smooth. Add black pepper to taste and adjust lemon and oil. Serve with...
- Get the full instructions at Real You Nutrition