Traditionally, scones were part of an elegant tea-time spread served with jam and whipped or clotted cream along side a cup of Earl Grey tea. With a subtle yet fragrant taste of one of the most popular black tea flavours, these earl grey infused tea scones are so easy to make and delectable served fresh from the oven even plain or with any of your favourite jam. They are magnificent for breakfast or for an afternoon tea snack.
- 1/2 cup raisins , 75g
- 3/4 cup extra-strong Earl Grey tea , 180ml
- 2 cups all-purpose flour , 260g
- 1/4 cup sugar , 50g
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter cut into cubes or grate into thin strips, 113g
- 2/3 cup buttermilk , 160ml
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soaked the raisins in hot, extra-strong Earl Grey tea for at least 1 hour or more. This is to infuse the flavour of earl grey into the...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew