This is the infamous dry wanton noodles with homemade char siew ……….. truly every Chinese Malaysian’s favourite. For a wholesome meal, the perfect serving of wantan mee contains egg noodles cooked al dente, tossed in a dark caramel flavoured sauce, topped with thick slices of delicious char siew and choy sum, served with plump wantons or sui kau in a small serving of soup and complete with pickled green chillies by the side.
- 6piecesFresh wanton noodlesor Wantan Mee
- 1bunchChoy sumwashed and cut into 2 inch length
- 3tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1/2tablespoondark caramel sauce
- 1/2tablespoonlight soy sauce
- 1/2tablespoonOyster Sauce
- 1/2tablespoongarlic oilor shallot oil
- 1/2tablespoonlard oil
- Homemade Char SiewBBQ pork
- Homemade Wanton
- Pickled green chilies
- For garlic oil: in a wok, heat oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and fry for about 8 minutes, stirring...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew