A super-simple comfort food recipe built from layers of aubergine, passata, Parmesan and mozzarella.
- 4 large aubergines
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml passata
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 leaves bay
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- a large bunch basil (chopped)
- 250g mozzarella (sliced)
- 100g parmesan (finely grated)
- preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Cut the aubergines lengthways into ½ cm thick slices, brush both sides with olive oil and...
- Get the full instructions at Snapshots and Snippets