This delicious chili uses both ground venison and pork and it's seasoned with a chili kit, diced tomatoes and green chiles, kidney beans and green bell pepper. Gluten free.
- 2 lbs. ground venison or hot links with casings removed and sliced
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 15.5-oz. can light red kidney beans, drained (or pinto beans, if desired)
- Low Sodium V-8 Original vegetable juice
- 4-oz. pkg. Carroll Shelby’s Original Texas Brand Chili Kit (I used only half of the cayenne pepper packet)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- olive oil
- sour cream or cheddar cheese for garnish (if desired)
- Coat the bottom of a heavy Dutch oven with olive oil. Add venison and sausage and brown until meat is no longer pink and cooked through....
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen