This recipe is so versatile! You can use any combination of beans, nuts, squash or tofu. Just use what you have and experiment. Of course, darker beans, nuts and squash will affect the color. But it will all taste great!
- 2 14.5 oz cans white beans of choice (Substitute with pumpkin or organic tofu)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (Substitute walnuts or almonds)
- 1/2 cup yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1.5 - 2 cups water (add more or less to desired consistency)
- Soak raw cashews for 4-6 hours (or overnight) until they are plump and white. Rinse. (Helpful hint: buy organic raw nuts in bulk, soak...
- Get the full instructions at Life Off the Label