Cured Meat in Wine Reduction - Krea Tareixera (Κρέα ταρείχηρά), is a Roman recipe from Egypt, dated to the 4th century CE. It is preserved on Heidelberg Papyrus inv. 1701 a.b.c..
- 1 lb Cured Corned Beef
- 250 ml Red Wine
- 120 ml Sapa (Grape Syrup)
- 60 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Fennel (Dried, Ground)
- 1 tsp Dill (Dried, Ground)
- 1 tsp Thyme (Dried, Ground)
- 2 tsp Coriander (Ground)
- 1 tsp Cumin (Ground)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (Coarse Ground)
- 1 slice Bread (Dark or White)
- Slice the Cured Corned Beef into 3 thick slices, about 5-7 mm thick. Cut each slice in half so that they will fit into a medium sized...
- Get the full instructions at Ancient Recipes – Recreating Recipes of the Bible, Talmud and Biblical LandsEmailFacebookPinterestRSSTwitter