A scoop of creaminess sans the heaviness of cream
- 1 cup Channa Dal (Split bengal gram, kadala parippu)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp black cumin
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 large Onion (sliced)
- 1-2 Green chillies (slit)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 medium Tomato (sliced)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- Rinse and Soak the Channa dal for 15 minutes. Pressure cook the channa dal with knuckle deep water for three whistles or 10 minutes on a...
- Get the full instructions at Mildly Indian – Trot around the world, savor the flavors.