Delicious homemade breadmaker bread using whole wheat flour and cracked wheat for extra fiber and whole grain goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp. powdered milk
- 2 tbsp. Crisco shortening (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour (not regular all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1 1/4 tsp. bread machine yeast
- 4 tsp. vital wheat gluten
- Measure ingredients into bread canister in order given. Bake on whole wheat setting. Mine takes 4 hours and 10 minutes. Allow to cool...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen