This mouthwatering casserole is so much better than classic Green Bean Casserole. It's flavors are enhanced with the addition of Ranch Dressing Mix and toasted bread crumbs. Plus, it's a quick and easy "from scratch" recipe without canned soups. It's marvelous for company or holiday dinners like Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving.
- 2 15-oz. cans whole green beans (drained )
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 oz. pkg. Ranch dressing mix
- oil (as needed (I used about 1 tbsp. avocado oil) )
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (toasted, if desired)
- 1/2 6-oz. can French-fried onions (or about 3 ounces)
- To make the white sauce: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, stirring constantly. Using wire whisk, stir in milk. Bring to a boil and...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen