The dark leafy greens in this recipe are kale and swiss chard, but you can also use collard greens, bok choy, spinach etc. Just remember to start with the sturdier greens like kale, then add "lighter" greens like swiss chard and spinach towards the end to avoid over cooking. As you get used to cooking different leafy greens you will learn how long they need in the pan by paying attention to the texture and flavour you like the best. Have fun with this recipe, let it evolve and use what you have!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp water (use more or less as needed)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- to taste black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh herbs (chopped - use what you have like basil, parsley etc.)
- To wash your greens you can rinse them under running water or place them all in a sink filled with cold water. Shake off excess water and...
- Get the full instructions at TrulyU Functional Nutrition