Coconutty Oat Bars are rich, chewy & oh, so scrumptious. These cookie bars contain coconut, dates, pecans and oatmeal. They're absolutely terrific for Christmas Cookie Exchanges, tailgating parties, potlucks or backyard barbecues. Every bite will have you coming back for more!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened )
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal ((can also use quick oatmeal))
- Beat butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder and salt until light and fluffy. Add flour, dates, coconut, pecans or walnuts and...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen