Classic English Scones are the essential British treat served with tea. Top with clotted cream and jam!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen*
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature, plus 1 teaspoon for brushing
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Into a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Grate the butter into the flour...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic