With all of the known health benefits of cinnamon, it's no wonder that it's a perfect choice when making bath bombs. First and foremost cinnamon ranks highest in regards to its protective antioxidant levels. When you take into consideration the anti-inflammatory effects of this ingredient. Cinnamon should be at the top of your list. If you're looking to counteract swelling, inflammation and reduce pain. PMS discomfort, muscle aches and pains, not to mention common allergies can be managed by introducing cinnamon into your natural health regimen. When it comes to skin care, one of the key benefits of cinnamon is its antibiotic and antimicrobial effect that can help protect the skin from allergies, rashes, and other irritants.
- 2 cups sodium bicarbonate ((Baking Soda))
- 1 cup citric acid
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 20 drops cinnamon essential oil (leaf or bark)
- 1 cinnamon stick (Rough cut small pieces of cinnamon stick and place in empty mould.)
- 3/4 cup vegetable glycerin (Use when essential oil, colorant gel, or desired carrier oil does not meet the appropriate consistency for a uniform bath bomb.)
- 1 (optional) gel colorant (Use as desired)
- 1 (optional) fragrence (Use as desired)
- 1 (2-3) squirts alcohol spray (Helps form bath bomb.)
- Grind citric acid with mortar and pestle. If you don’t have it, a bowl will work by pressing a spoon against it, an old coffee grinder...
- Get the full instructions at My Skincare Recipes