This mouthwatering Tex-Mex salad offers two kinds of beef mixture: one mixed with [url href="http://www.makinglifebetter.com/microsite/detail/255844/lipton-recipe-secrets" target="_blank"]Lipton Onion Soup Mix[/url] and the other a gluten free version with [url href="http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2012/09/03/homemade-taco-seasoning/" target="_blank"]Homemade Taco Seasoning[/url]. This salad is great for Cinco de Mayo or any time you want to serve a festive Taco Salad.
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 or 2 large heads lettuce (depending on how many you need to serve)
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes (sliced)
- 3/4 cup sliced or whole green olives
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled and sliced)
- 2 cups Taco-seasoned cheese or use a blend of Colby Jack & Pepper Jack
- 1/2 envelope Lipton dry onion soup mix (I use mostly the onions and not as much of the bouillon)
- Catalina (Ranch or your favorite dressing)
- In skillet, brown beef. Sprinkle onion soup mix over meat; stir in water (as per package—about ½ cup). Simmer, uncovered 10 minutes. In...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen