This is a relatively healthy and simple dish with TOFU as the ‘star’. The silky soft tofu is steamed and topped with a savoury and fragrant topping of sautéed dried shrimp and crispy shallots. As this simple dish uses very humble ingredients, the quality of soy sauce used is extremely important so make sure you use a good quality soy sauce.
- 2blocksWhite silky tofu
- 1/4cupdried shrimpsoaked in water for 10 minutes and drained
- 2teaspoonslight soy sauceadjust to taste
- 1/2teaspoondark soy sauce
- 1Stalkgreen onioncut into thin strips, soaked in iced water
- 1red chillicut into thin strips, soaked in iced water
- In a wok of boiled water, steam tofu over high heat for 8 minutes. While tofu is steaming in wok, deep fry the shallot slices in hot oil...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew